Duxbury Braille Translator Producer’s Manual (2011)
The Duxbury Braille Translator Producer’s Manual is intended as an accompaniment to the Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) software application. The manual has been written with specific reference to DBT versions 10.6, 10.7 and 11.1, but much of the content will also be applicable to earlier versions of DBT.
DBT is designed to suit the needs of braille publishers worldwide and as such supports a wide variety of languages, translation codes and formatting requirements. Published by the Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities, this manual has been written specifically for use in Australia and New Zealand, for the production of Unified English Braille.
The manual is available as a free download using the links below. Hard copies are available for purchase ($50 for Round Table member organisations, $60 for non-members) using the Order Form for Round Table Guidelines (Word, 40 kB).
- Print version (PDF, 1 MB)
- Word version (Word, 2 MB)
- Large print versions (18pt) as text & pdf (zip, 2 MB)
- Electronic braille (BRF) files for embossing or to read directly on a braille display (zip, 75 kb)
- Duxbury Braille Translator (DXP) files formatted ready for embossing (zip, 80 kb)