Guidelines for Accessible E-text (2009)
E-text is structured electronic text which is accessible to people with a print disability, that is, to people who can’t access information from regular print. The Guidelines for Accessible E-text provide document creators with best practice accessibility methods across a variety of electronic formats in common use. The guidelines replace the Round Table’s 1995 Guidelines for preparation of text materials on computer disk for people with print disabilities.
The guidelines are available as a free download using the links below. Hard copies are available for purchase ($30 for Round Table member organisations, $40 for non-members) using the Order Form for Round Table Guidelines (Word, 40 kB).
- Word version (Word, 166 kb)
- Large print (18pt) version (Word, 169 kb)
- Print version (PDF, 195 kb)
- Electronic braille (BRF) version (brf, 45 kb)
- Duxbury Braille Translator version (dxb, 55 kb)
- DAISY version (text-only) (zip, 90 kb)